I am a UWL Master’s Degree student, researching ways for people to reach states of inner calmness by focusing on sensory mindfulness meditation. In order to finish my research, I need volunteers willing to help me test some of the content package and give me some feedback about their experience. Please fill out the form below or send an email (email@example.com) to book your session and help me with my research to create something useful for mental wellbeing. I will have 20 min sessions available every Monday , Tuesday and Saturday of the week during summertime.
Behind the Research
The key to recovery and life in general is “balance” and therefore, it is important for our mind, body and spirit to counteract our high-tech lives with nature. There’s nothing like nature to bring back to our Self and connect to our senses. A recent study found that even the viewing of nature related scenes may thus be particularly effective in supporting relaxation and recovery after experiencing a stressful period. Although the researchers acknowledge that looking at actual nature in the real world would probably have an even greater effect than a 2D image. It sounds well, but how can we use these stimuli to meditate? Basically, it is much easier to meditate with a closed eye. In this way our perception of our inner being can be more intense.
My research does not ignore these facts but looking for the relation between open eyes meditation and using nature-related media content under focused meditation. The focused meditation involves focusing on something intently as a way of staying in the present moment and turning off your internal dialogue. Many people find this type of meditation easier to practice than classic meditation where you focus on nothing to quiet your mind. The aim of my research is to develop a focused meditation (mindfulness) technique and build a voice controlled neurofeedback meditation platform based on the results.
- You will be using a EEG headband during the session and your brain waves will be recorded.
- To follow the instruction practice mindfulness meditation
- 20 min of your time only.
What you get in return:
- A free sample oil and video content for home uses.
- A printed copy of your brain activity.
- A 3D animated brain map of your session.
Proposed research questions:
- Does nature-based 3 sensory stimuli significantly increase theta/alpha coherence domain of human brain waves during open-eye meditations?
- How can ERP / EEG research results be applied to creating multimodal neurofeedback prototype?